• WEB Server – The server which provides the environment for running web application is called as web server
• web server can only run web application only.
• it can provide the support to only jsp, html, servlet etc.
• e.g. Tomcat(apache)
• Application Server – The server which provides the environment for running enterprise application is called as app. server.
• app server can run any j2ee technologies such as EJB,JMS etc.
• it can support to jsp,html,server (web server) + EJB,JMS etc.
• e.g. JBoss (red hat)
after installation of this server you will observe following folders in installation directory.
For deployment of our project we should have following Folder Structure –